Dans le cadre de la mise en œuvre de la stratégie nationale de compétitivité, le Bureau de Mise à Niveau (BMN) est créé par arrêté n° 221/CAB/PM du 16 décembre 2011. Doté d’une autonomie de gestion, le BMN est placé sous la tutelle du Ministère de l’Economie, de la Planification et de l’Aménagement du Territoire.
The BMN’s main mission is to implement the government’s policy to support the upgrading and restructuring of industrial enterprises in Cameroon.
It also has the prerogatives to:
- Develop and implement enterprises upgrading and quality management programmes, in conjunction with relevant ministerial departments and enterprise management structures;
- Propose to the Government any measures that can contribute to the success of the upgrading programmes and improvement of the quality in the enterprises;
- Also ensure the best financing conditions for the programme through coordination between different sources of funding and negotiation of funding programmes at bilateral and multilateral level;
- Define and apply the eligibility criteria of enterprises to the upgrading programme and the procedures for granting bonuses to such enterprises;
- Provide incentives for tangible and intangible investments to enterprises participating in upgrading programmes;
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the Government’s policy on enterprises upgrading and improving the quality of cameroonian products;
- Ensure coordination of development partner interventions and all actions related to upgrading and quality promotion for cameroonian enterprises.